Original & Authentic Connections To Buyers! ( 1 of 4 part series)
Picture This! You sit down at your computer, all set to write your blog post and it hits you … you can’t think of anything to say! You could describe your business but that is what you always post. You could talk about your products, but the best advice is not to bluntly sell in one’s messaging , soooo … what is there to talk about? What should you say?
Have you experienced this? Have you been there? The truth is there are many sources to “go to” for messaging and content ideas. NOT the premade kind, nor the bought kind … but the authentic and original kind that will create connections to buyers!
One of our best sources for ideas is knowing our buyers’ journey. In today’s world of buying and selling we must connect with our buyers before they have an active need of our offerings. We must be involved early on so that we can lead our buyers to us throughout the buying & selling paths of attract, connect, engage, convert & advocate.
- What is the “world” our buyers live in that seeds the need for what we offer?
- What are specific triggers that make those seeds sprout & thus activate at some level (low to high) the needs for what we offer?
- How are our products & services matched to our buyer’s specific need(s)… feature & benefit?
- What are our terms, pricing & added-value that our buyers embrace, separating us from competition, securing the trust of our buyers, and/or maybe providing a unique benefit to our buyers.?
- What do we provide after the sale is done to receive from each buyer, new, repeat & referral business?
Lots of different types of messaging & content … with room for lots of ideas! And in addition, keep in mind what I refer to as the trifecta of content and conversation
The trifecta includes the “3” primary elements of all successful selling
- Our Business – How our offerings, services, terms & conditions, location, pricing, etc are a match for the needs of our buyers.
- Our Buyers – Their industry, company, what seeds their needs, what are they really buying both for their business purposes and for personal reasons. Who are they? If applicable, age, sex, interests, lifestyle, What are their values – company wise and personally.
- Our Self – Our knowledge of our buyer’s shared industry/company, our credibility, experience, shared interests with buyer, sensitivity to buyers, standards of service, and our values and personal interests.
After reviewing our buyer journey and our trifecta, it’s time to choose a target audience and a specific purpose for our communications. Last but hardly least, write & post!
I’ll be expanding on all the creative ideas that are available from the trifecta in the next 3 articles, but in the mean time, see what ideas you can come up with on your own. I am happy to go over them with you if you wish. Simply send me an email at email@example.com to schedule a call.. You may also be interested in a private class I offer, “How to create a week’s worth of content from one single idea!”… works like a charm!
Here’s to your communications success!
#communicationsstrong — margie